BIONICLE: Untold
Please Log in or Register if you want to work or if you are a Bzp member and have joined this project.

Thank You for entering.

BIONICLE: Untold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brainstorming Topic for Lein's Tale

+2
Rusty Red Raptor
Legolover-361
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Brainstorming Topic for Lein's Tale Empty Brainstorming Topic for Lein's Tale

Post  Legolover-361 Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Okay, so as the new leader of Group One, I have decided to hold a brainstorming session for what the storyline will be. I myself am working on a story for the Biosector01 Sleeping Awake contest, so I may not be able to do much right now, but I will try to put up a poll in this same topic once we have enough ideas.

A quote from Biosector01's page on Lein should help you guys come up with something...
Biosector01 wrote:Lein was a Jungle Agori living on Spherus Magna, and made a living as a trader. He eventually opened the first trading post in the Great Jungle, at a ford in one of the rivers. The business was very successful, and the ford would later be known as Lein's Drift, after the Agori.

Lein died of natural causes many years prior to the Core War.

Lein was a highly successful trader, and his business flourished because of his skills.

And here's a post from the Official Greg Dialogue giving more information about Lein. I highly suggest you read Greg's answers to these questions, to learn more about Lein's life.

So...post away!

Last edited by Legolover-361 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:44 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Added the link to the OGD post.)
Legolover-361
Legolover-361
MNInc Assistant
MNInc Assistant

Back to top Go down

Brainstorming Topic for Lein's Tale Empty Re: Brainstorming Topic for Lein's Tale

Post  Rusty Red Raptor Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Grrr... post was deleted.

Okay, basically, I was saying,

Great to see that you're leading this serial, and

I remember reading plans to give Lein a girlfriend, kind of like Sahmad had. And then we had black market stuff, like endangered animal species and stuff. But no slave trade, please. We have Sahmad and his little buddies for that.

Last edited by Rusty Red Raptor on Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rusty Red Raptor
Rusty Red Raptor
MNInc Assistant
MNInc Assistant

Back to top Go down

Brainstorming Topic for Lein's Tale Empty Can't summarize it. Oh, just did.

Post  Riglax Krom Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:03 pm

After that, we'll need to make animals to hunt and... We'll be off cannon before you know know it. But yes blackmarket was the concept.

Also I'll have your writers soon, but I am a bit stuck here, I have an Epic and soon life stuff will begin again.
-R, Serials Leader in B. Untold-

Riglax Krom
Riglax Krom
MNInc. Vice President & Serials Leader

https://biountold.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Brainstorming Topic for Lein's Tale Empty Re: Brainstorming Topic for Lein's Tale

Post  Legolover-361 Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Riglax Krom, Rediglax wrote:After that, we'll need to make animals to hunt and... We'll be off cannon before you know know it. But yes blackmarket was the concept.

Also I'll have your writers soon, but I am a bit stuck here, I have an Epic and soon life stuff will begin again.

Don't worry, it's fine...as long as I eventually get writers. tongue
Legolover-361
Legolover-361
MNInc Assistant
MNInc Assistant

Back to top Go down

Brainstorming Topic for Lein's Tale Empty WHAT?

Post  Riglax Krom Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:19 pm

Wait why is RRR post deleted? It had text welcoming you saying about Lein having a girlfriend and don't remember.

Riglax Krom
Riglax Krom

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Red Raptor Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:21 pm

yeah, I was wondering about that too. It's happened before. I'll go see if I can remember what I wrote and edit it in.
Rusty Red Raptor
Rusty Red Raptor
MNInc Assistant
MNInc Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolover-361 Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:29 pm

Rusty Red Raptor wrote:Grrr... post was deleted.

I remember reading plans to give Lein a girlfriend, kind of like Sahmad had. And then we had black market stuff, like endangered animal species and stuff. But no slave trade, please. We have Sahmad and his little buddies for that.
Ah, THERE it is! tongue

The girlfriend idea...well, I don't want to end up writing a love story, but we should try to incorporate that in somehow. I'm not so sure about poachers, but I think a lot of disarrary would come while the more 'political' people are trying to set up a new social system, as there would be tons of black market trade and other crimes going on under their noses. I agree that we should not get slave trade into this--there's no evidence to suggest that it came up before Sahmad began doing it. Besides, the black market and criminal activities should be more than enough.

One of the few questions we still need an answer for is how Lien will fit into all of this. Should he be good? Should he be bad? Or should he be torn in between? And what sort of influence will his girlfriend have on him?
Legolover-361
Legolover-361
MNInc Assistant
MNInc Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Red Raptor Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:35 pm

Legolover-361 wrote:

Ah, THERE it is! tongue

The girlfriend idea...well, I don't want to end up writing a love story, but we should try to incorporate that in somehow. I'm not so sure about poachers, but I think a lot of disarrary would come while the more 'political' people are trying to set up a new social system, as there would be tons of black market trade and other crimes going on under their noses. I agree that we should not get slave trade into this--there's no evidence to suggest that it came up before Sahmad began doing it. Besides, the black market and criminal activities should be more than enough.

One of the few questions we still need an answer for is how Lien will fit into all of this. Should he be good? Should he be bad? Or should he be torn in between? And what sort of influence will his girlfriend have on him?

Haha, yeah. I dunno why it went away.

Yeah, no love story, definitely. But Sahmad's story isn't a love story. I mean, his life didn't sound like a love story, even though we've heard about his girlfriend.

I think Lein should have the 'Glatorian' mindset. He's not good, he's not bad. He's with the people who pay him best. And I was thinking maybe his girlfriend could be like travelling buddy/partner in crime or whatever you call it. I was thinking evil mastermind, but the story's about Lein. Maybe she could just be mentioned a few times, waiting at home for him to come back or soemthing like that.
Rusty Red Raptor
Rusty Red Raptor
MNInc Assistant
MNInc Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post  Riglax Krom Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:43 pm

Rusty Red Raptor wrote:
Legolover-361 wrote:

Ah, THERE it is! tongue

Haha, yeah. I dunno why it went away.

Yeah, no love story, definitely. But Sahmad's story isn't a love story. I mean, his life didn't sound like a love story, even though we've heard about his girlfriend.

I think Lein should have the 'Glatorian' mindset. He's not good, he's not bad. He's with the people who pay him best. And I was thinking maybe his girlfriend could be like travelling buddy/partner in crime or whatever you call it. I was thinking evil mastermind, but the story's about Lein. Maybe she could just be mentioned a few times, waiting at home for him to come back or soemthing like that.

My idea was that someone else (on bad side of the law) would do the dirty jobs. But he'd be less know than Lein. Lein would be like the guy who talks and is being social.

Also his girlfriend could bug him about him being blackmarket guy and all that stuff.

Riglax Krom
Riglax Krom

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Red Raptor Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:48 pm

*GASP*

Or it could be like a soap opera and Lein's GF is cheating on him for his rival, and passing information illegally!!

... forget that. sugar rush.

But I like the idea of a rival for Lein. And I also like the idea of his girlfriend nudging him to the black market stuff. But only because she doesnt' want to see the business go downhill
Rusty Red Raptor
Rusty Red Raptor
MNInc Assistant
MNInc Assistant

Back to top Go down

Brainstorming Topic for Lein's Tale Empty Yep.

Post  Riglax Krom Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:49 pm

She could care only for the money/whatsoever they get.

Riglax Krom
Riglax Krom

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Red Raptor Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:55 pm

No no! I don't want her to be a gold-digger!
Rusty Red Raptor
Rusty Red Raptor
MNInc Assistant
MNInc Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post  Riglax Krom Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:57 pm

Oh.. we want her both XP. Buy the way shouldn't the group 1 writers be brainstorming? tongue

Riglax Krom
Riglax Krom

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolover-361 Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:10 pm

Riglax Krom, Rediglax wrote:Oh.. we want her both XP. Buy the way shouldn't the group 1 writers be brainstorming? tongue

What Group One writers? tongue
Legolover-361
Legolover-361
MNInc Assistant
MNInc Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Red Raptor Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Haha, yeah really.

Anyone think Lein's girlfriend is going to turn out abusive and shortsighted? I'm getting this picture of my cousin's girlfriend...
Rusty Red Raptor
Rusty Red Raptor
MNInc Assistant
MNInc Assistant

Back to top Go down

Brainstorming Topic for Lein's Tale Empty Huh..........

Post  Riglax Krom Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:58 pm

Don't know.... maybe the two writers I group 1 has????

Riglax Krom
Riglax Krom

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolover-361 Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:13 am

Okay, I plan to make a poll or two to determine just what type of influence Lein's girlfriend should be, as well as her name. Any ideas for a name?

Here are mine:
Dyra (DIE-ruh)
Seri (SEH-ree)
Kea (KEE-uh)
Kea (KAY)

Once we have enough ideas for names I'll open up the poll.
Legolover-361
Legolover-361
MNInc Assistant
MNInc Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post  Riglax Krom Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:16 am

OPENING FILE: "Names Suggestions"

Hella (HEE-LA)

Kasren (KASH-REEN)

Vemal (VEE-MEL)

CLOSING FILE: "Names Suggestions"

P.S. tongue
Riglax Krom
Riglax Krom

Back to top Go down

Post  toa ordaku Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:56 am

Well, it seems like this is the only open group for writers, right?

Guess that means I'm here.

Anyway….

I like the whole black market idea. Not so sure about him having a girlfriend, not sure whether it would advance the story much, and whether or not it would fit in with the Bionicle Universe all that much….

Endangered animals and pelts would seem like a good black market trade. Or maybe ancient weapons.

Personality-wise, Lein has to be extremely smart and a quick thinker to do what he does. He also probably has little respect for authority. Some gang clashes with the police (or the Bionicle equivalent of the police) might be interesting.

Speaking of gangs, he would probably have to have one in order to control the market and guarantee that he gets the best prices. Kind of like a mob boss.

But that's just me spitballing ideas.

Toa Ordaku, over and out.

toa ordaku
toa ordaku
Group 1 Writer
Group 1 Writer

http://www.freewebs.com/ordaku

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolover-361 Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:41 pm

toa ordaku wrote:Well, it seems like this is the only open group for writers, right?

Anyway….

I like the whole black market idea. Not so sure about him having a girlfriend, not sure whether it would advance the story much, and whether or not it would fit in with the Bionicle Universe all that much….

Endangered animals and pelts would seem like a good black market trade. Or maybe ancient weapons.

Personality-wise, Lein has to be extremely smart and a quick thinker to do what he does. He also probably has little respect for authority. Some gang clashes with the police (or the Bionicle equivalent of the police) might be interesting.

Speaking of gangs, he would probably have to have one in order to control the market and guarantee that he gets the best prices. Kind of like a mob boss.

YES, a new WRITER!!!!!

LOL, sorry. tongue

Anyway, I like your idea for Lein's characterization -- smart and quick-thinking, sometimes on the wrong side of the law, always trying to be in control.

As for a girlfriend... well, it was RRR's idea. tongue It would fit in with what we've heard about Bara Magna, though -- after all, Sahmad had one. But you're right about her contributing to the story -- we need her to be some sort of influence on Lein in order to get the story going.

Hey, I just had a thought -- maybe the girlfriend dies early on in the story, and the rest of the serial is about how Lein starts crossing over the line to keep business up with no help. He digs up some followers, gets into more trouble, and tries to make things right before becoming fatally ill. And all of this will happen in the lush forests of Bota Magna before it splits off from Bara Magna and Aqua Magna.

Sound about right? tongue

Also, if we get that far, I think we should make a sequel about life on Bota Magna after the Shattering.
Legolover-361
Legolover-361
MNInc Assistant
MNInc Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post  toa ordaku Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Legolover-361 wrote:
toa ordaku wrote:Well, it seems like this is the only open group for writers, right?

Anyway….

YES, a new WRITER!!!!!

LOL, sorry. tongue

Anyway, I like your idea for Lein's characterization -- smart and quick-thinking, sometimes on the wrong side of the law, always trying to be in control.

As for a girlfriend... well, it was RRR's idea. tongue It would fit in with what we've heard about Bara Magna, though -- after all, Sahmad had one. But you're right about her contributing to the story -- we need her to be some sort of influence on Lein in order to get the story going.

Hey, I just had a thought -- maybe the girlfriend dies early on in the story, and the rest of the serial is about how Lein starts crossing over the line to keep business up with no help. He digs up some followers, gets into more trouble, and tries to make things right before becoming fatally ill. And all of this will happen in the lush forests of Bota Magna before it splits off from Bara Magna and Aqua Magna.

Also, if we get that far, I think we should make a sequel about life on Bota Magna after the Shattering.
I'm not sure that she should die early on; it would make for an interesting twist if she betrayed him.

As for followers, most people in the black market business need some help in running their operation. He should probably have around two trusted henchmen right from the start, and a right-hand man (a.k.a., his most trusted grunt).

We should set up some kind of timeline, too.

Also, is there any way that we can make this topic so that it can only be seen by us? We don't want to spoil the entire story for everyone! Very Happy

toa ordaku
toa ordaku
Group 1 Writer
Group 1 Writer

http://www.freewebs.com/ordaku

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolover-361 Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:14 pm

toa ordaku wrote:
Legolover-361 wrote:

Anyway….

YES, a new WRITER!!!!!

LOL, sorry. tongue

I'm not sure that she should die early on; it would make for an interesting twist if she betrayed him.

As for followers, most people in the black market business need some help in running their operation. He should probably have around two trusted henchmen right from the start, and a right-hand man (a.k.a., his most trusted grunt).

We should set up some kind of timeline, too.

Also, is there any way that we can make this topic so that it can only be seen by us? We don't want to spoil the entire story for everyone! Very Happy

Well, only the people helping with the project are signed up here; but if you'd rather this remain a surprise, I could create a few new groups from the Serial Writers group (dubbed 'Group One', 'Group Two', 'Group Three', and 'Group Four', respectively) and make sure only Group Three writers can see, eh, a planning sub-forum in here.

Or I could just create a Group Three usergroup and leave the others for other administrators to make. tongue
Legolover-361
Legolover-361
MNInc Assistant
MNInc Assistant

Back to top Go down

Brainstorming Topic for Lein's Tale Empty READ THIS. YOU'RE WRONG. VERY

Post  Riglax Krom Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:09 am

Guys Lein had a trading post in a river! And he died 260,000 years ago. It can't be that way. He can't leave close to the Shattering, if he died 100,000 year before it. And he died by natural causes.

Second you're Group 1. And Celupnus said no more groups tongue

Riglax Krom
Riglax Krom

Back to top Go down

Post  Legolover-361 Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:24 am

Riglax Krom wrote:Guys Lein had a trading post in a river! And he died 260,000 years ago. It can't be that way. He can't leave close to the Shattering, if he died 100,000 year before it. And he died by natural causes.

Second you're Group 1. And Celupnus said no more groups tongue

1. I never said anything about him leaving close to the Shattering. So he died 100,000 years before it happened -- that doesn't mean we can also have a serial about Bota Magna after the Shattering once this serial is complete. Celupnus is planning a sequel, so why can't we?

2. All right, Group One.
Legolover-361
Legolover-361
MNInc Assistant
MNInc Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post  Riglax Krom Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:26 am

Because I want to work in such serial tongue (really)

Anyways, make them 7 Groups then.

Riglax Krom
Riglax Krom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next